Monday, September 7, 2009

First Assignments

Page 7:

  1. The last time I wrote something fairly long and complicated was my AP English's essay last year.
  2. First I had to think of a topic to write about. Then I jolt down my thoughts on a separate sheet of paper. Afterwards I just organize my thoughts into my essay. My purpose in writing the essay was so that my teacher can pinpoint my level of writing.

Page 23:

  1. split, lose, paused, considered, vanished, rounding, trailed, picked, follow, chased, smashed, entered, ran, kept, wound, glanced, expected, quit, strained, pounding, step, knew, thought, trained, knew, fling, point, forget, aim, dive, go, impelled, compelled, tore, choosing, find, slow, discovering, exhilarated, dismayed, save, give, losing, caught, and stopped.
  2. paused, considered, vanished, rounding, trailed, picked, to follow, chased, smashed, entered, glanced, expected, strained, pounding, to fling, to point, impelled, compelled, choosing, to find, to slow, discovering, exhilarated, dismayed, losing, and stopped.
  3. "He chased Mikey and me around the yellow house and up a backyard path we knew by heart: under a low tree, up a bank, through a hedge, down some snowy steps, and across the grocery store's delivery driveway. We smashed through a gap in another hedge, entered a scruffy backyard and ran around its back porch and tight between houses to Edgerton Avenue; we ran across Edgerton to an alley and up our own sliding woodpile to the Halls' front yard; he kept coming.

Page 24:

  1. city clothes, thin; suit and tie, street shoes, in his twenties, pants leg were wet, cuffs were full of snow, prow of snow beneath them on his shoes and socks, sainted, skinny, and furious redheaded.
  2. "He began perfunctorily." He speaks in Pittsburgh accent with righteous anger and usual common sense.
  3. A thin man dressed in a suit, tie, and street shoes chased two mischievous children all around until his pants and his clothes are either wet or stuffed with snow.

  1. In Dillard's opinion of a perfect iceball is that it have to be made of perfectly white snow, perfectly spherical shaped, and squeezed perfectly translucent so that there are no snow remained all the way around.
  2. Every Breath Tore My Throat - Dillard's throat and mouth is very dry from running with her mouth open. The cold air is making her feel this scratching in her throat when she breath in the cold winter air.

Page 25

  1. "He began perfunctorily." "The point was that he had chased us passionately without giving up, and so he had caught us. Now he came down to earth. I wanted the glory to last forever."
  2. "I wanted the glory to last forever"

No comments:

Post a Comment