Monday, September 28, 2009

Which Way is the Right Way to Go?

I love my family dearly and I am thankful to have them, but, like every family, mine is not perfect. There are problems that are causing me to choose a path that will either cause me to be disowned or I can stay with my family and suffer through depression. I am the oldest in the family so everyone expects me to be good at everything. I try to live up to those expectations but as I get older the more pressure it seems to bring on me. That is just one of the small problems. The next one is that my mother has anger management problems that are getting worst by day. Each night and every morning she has to yell at someone and that someone is me. For instance, Saturday's night I was doing my homework on my laptop and she came into my room and yelled at me. She said, "You have Monday through Friday to do all of that work. Saturday and Sunday is for house work and cleaning. If you cannot do that then drop-out of school!" I try to explain to her that there are a lot of homework for me and plus some work is due on Sunday. I even got a Quiz on Monday so I also need my weekends for school work. Like always, she does not want to hear what I have to say. She told me not to back talk to her every time I try to explain and if I continue to explain I will get slap. Another one of the problems is I am always stuck in the house even now that I am eighteen I am not allow to go anywhere other than school then straight home. I am not allowed to hang out with friends or go anywhere. Now I have two choices to choose from. One is to move out of the house and was told that if I do that I will be disowned by my mother. She even told me that once I am disowned I am never to come near the house. I will not be able to find my family anymore. She told me that once I leave she will move the family into a new home far away so that I will not find them. My second choice is to stay with the family and suffer through depression, which I have been suffering ever since ninth grade. Lucky I have not died from depression yet but it is only a matter of time for it to happen. There is only a certain amount of pressure a person can handle to survive. I have been having this pressure ever since first grade but it has gotten worst in the ninth grade. Which path is the right one to choose from?

No comments:

Post a Comment