Monday, October 5, 2009

New Story but also Old

This is a story I wrote last year in AP English class. This story is about how I think the afterlife of Edna and Macbeth will be and how they will meet even though they are from different story or play. Hope you enjoy!


 

Edna wakes up and finds herself in a beautiful field next to a creek. She notices that at the end of the field is a bright light. The creek seems to be flowing towards the light. Edna gets up and starts to follow the creek towards the light. She does not know why but the light seems very welcoming to her.

On the other side of the field, in the forest, Lady Macbeth starts to get up. She notices that there are trees surrounding her in the darkness. There is some light up ahead, and she begins to approach it. She does not want to be in the dark anymore. As she emerges from the forest, she sees a beautiful field and just a few yards away is a bright light. The bright light seems to be welcoming her to it.

    As the two ladies walk toward the light they do not know that they will end up meeting each other, nor did they know that they are being judged to see whether will they end up going to the glorious heaven above or will they end up going to the infernal abyss.

    Once Edna is in the light she sees another lady there with her. This lady does not look like any women she knows. This lady has on a dress is ancient but of excellent quality and she seems like she has been running.

    When Lady Macbeth finally reaches the light she also sees another lady there and is looking at her. This lady looks different. She does not look royal or anything. Her dress is ok but it is nothing that Lady Macbeth ever seen. The dress is flowing like a nightgown but instead of being white it has a yellowish color in it and designs of flowers on it.

    After observing the lady Edna walks up to her to introduce herself.

Edna: Hello. My name is Edna. What is your name?

Lady Macbeth: I am called Lady Macbeth. What garment is this thou are wearing?

    Edna is surprised with the language that this lady is using, but to be polite she answer the lady strange question.

Edna: Do you mean my dress?

Lady Macbeth: Yes, thou garment is weird it is neither of royalty nor of any peasant I know. Where art thou from?

    Again Edna is surprised with the way this Lady Macbeth carries herself and the statement she use.

Edna: Well, I am from New Orleans. This is the type of dress that is worn by ladies from where I live. Where are you from?

    Lady Macbeth does not like the way this Edna is addressing her. She is, after all, Lady Macbeth and this lady is not of royalty, but she answers the lady question anyway.

Lady Macbeth: I am from King Duncan's kingdom where my (aside: unmanly) husband is the Thane of Cawdor.

Edna: You are from a kingdom?

Lady Macbeth: Yes, why are thou so surprise? Have thou never heard nor seen a kingdom before?

Edna: No, because where I am from there is no king or queen so there is no kingdom.

    Lady Macbeth is surprised with the words that are coming from Edna. (Lady Macbeth thinks to herself)

Lady Macbeth: What nonsense is this girl telling me? No kingdom? What world is this?

    While this is going on an angel sent by God to announce his judgment for these two women has just arrived with God's words.

(Angel enters)

Angel: Lady Macbeth wife of Macbeth.

    Lady Macbeth and Edna both look up at the source of the sound and find that an angel is looking at them.

Angel: By God's words you tempted your husband to kill the innocent lives of other and you even commit suicide. You took control over your husband most of the time and you did not appreciate God for creating you as a woman. You took control to be a man. You have destroyed God's creation and you show no appreciation to God. For that you are to be sent to the Devil for all eternity in the third ring. Edna Pontellier wife of Leonce Pontellier.

    Edna looks up with horror. She is afraid to hear what she will be given. In the background, Lady Macbeth is crying. She is really upset with her punishment that is given to her.

Angel: You did not do your duty as a mother to your children nor did you do your duty as a wife to your husband. You left them to live on your own and have a fling with Robert. Then afterwards you commit suicide. You, too, did not show appreciation to God's creation. You are to be sent to the third ring of hell for eternity also.

    The next thing Edna and Lady Macbeth know, they sees a flash of lights and the ground underneath them open up and swallow them. The next thing is that they hear screaming all around.

Everyone: (scream)

    They also smell something horrible. There is a smell of feces and something burning. Then they hit the ground and there is something raining on them and it is not water. They notice it is feces raining on them.

Lady Macbeth: No, I did not mean to do it. No…………………………….!

    Edna could not say anything. She is too shock and upset. While Lady Macbeth and Edna run from the feces, which are impossible because it is everywhere, they try to comfort each other but Edna is the one who is doing the comforting the most.

Edna: Lady Macbeth please stops crying. We will have to deal with this for eternity. Please stop.

Lady Macbeth: No, I do not want this.

    To get Lady Macbeth's mind away from all of this Edna asks her some questions.

Edna: Uhm…….Lady Macbeth. I heard the angel say that you tempted your husband to kill so what did you do?

Lady Macbeth: Macbeth is too weak. He wants to be king yet he will not take the action to be king. So I came up with a plan to kill King Duncan. Then he took it on his own from that point on to kill the other people. He is not a good hider so I have to step in to help him from revealing the truth of his doing.

    After hearing Lady Macbeth's story, Edna is shock of what this lady next to her is capable of doing.

Edna: After that you commit suicide?

Lady Macbeth: Each night I go to sleep and I keep seeing the people that Macbeth has killed. I also see blood on my hands. King Duncan's blood is all over my hands. The old man has a lot of blood. I cannot wash off the blood not can I get rid of the blood scent. I could not stand it anymore so I just have to leave.

    Edna is really shock hearing Lady Macbeth's story. Then Lady Macbeth asks Edna some questions.

Lady Macbeth: I have told thou my story so what are thou reason to leave? What happen to thou husband and children? What is this about Sir Robert?

Edna: I feel like I do not have anything else or anybody since Robert left me. In order for me to get my happiness back I went to the beach that I met Robert. It is the place that I swim for the first time. It also holds all the memories that Robert and I share. I start to swim out into the ocean and did not stop. Even though I was tired I just kept on swimming until my life flash in front of me. I still love him and I will remember him for eternity.

(Lady Macbeth stares at Edna and say to her.)

Lady Macbeth: Thou leave because of a man not loving thou?

    Lady Macbeth is shock. She cannot understand this lady. As they spend their eternity together Edna and Lady Macbeth get to know each other more and more. At first they did not understand each other and why the other did what they did before their suicidal death. As the years past and they gets to understand each other more they understand why the other did those actions.

Total in the story: 1,374 words

Total in this blog without total: 1,418 words

No comments:

Post a Comment