Monday, October 12, 2009

Tell or Not to Tell

When I was younger I use to tell my mother almost everything, but now that I am older I start to keep information to myself. Now there is a problem that I am having but I cannot tell my mother. The reason why is because now my mother and I do not have that close connection anymore. I do not think she will understand what I am going through. In the ninth grade I have a teacher who is very close to me who I can talk to, because she is easy to talk to. Now that I am in college I find it harder to open up to any adults. Well that is not completely true, I do have a professor right now that I can see myself open up to her; it's just that I am not sure am I willing to open up to her yet. I use to talk to a very close friend of mine who is like a sister to me but now it is harder for me to talk to her, because we are not in the same college and I am not allow to call any friends. She knows almost everything about me and that go the same for me about her. My mother told me that I should not trust anyone, because you will never know when they will turn their backs on you. For that reason she will not let me talk to my friends outside of school or hang out with them. The thing with me is that I do not truly believe that. In my opinion not everyone is like that. There is a mixture of good and bad people in the world. In every good person there is a bad side, but that also go for the bad. In every bad person there is a good side, so you cannot just judge the whole world because of a group of people. I love and always turn to my mother for advice; it's just that not all of her opinion is the same as mine. Like the way she view everyone on Earth and her view on some other stuff. Like one time almost about five adults told my mother that she needs to be a little bit less overprotective, but she will not listen. In front of them she act like she will listen to their advice, but as soon they turn their backs she say they do not know what they are talking about. Those five adults were some teachers, a policewoman, and a counselor. My mother made it very hard for my siblings and me to talk to her when we have problems. Now I am wondering should I tell her about my problem or should I just go and find someone else to talk to?

Total: 471

1 comment:

  1. I think, at some point, you do just have to take a leap of faith and trust people. Sure, you can get hurt, but living always in fear of getting hurt makes for a very lonely and isolated life. At the same time, I think you have to decide to take the consequences of talking to your mother. Come what may. You are an adult now; it's time for you to believe in yourself, and it's time for you mother to believe in, and trust, you as well.

    Wendy Sumner Winter

    ReplyDelete