Monday, October 12, 2009

Time to Just Forget and Move On

This is based on a true story. This is not the complete story.

"Should I just leave and never look back or should I turn back around and do as I was told?" thought Ivy. Ivy was at the front door of her house with a suitcase in hand. Her father has just passed away two days ago, and yesterday she found her mother with another man in the bed. She is now nineteen years old and she have a full ride to Georgetown University. At first she thought of how her mother would be very devastated so she could not leave her mother. Then all of a sudden yesterday she found her mother with another man, so now she have other thoughts. Her mother asked her not to leave and that she should stay, but she thought that if she stays here then her mother will be hurt more than when her father dies. She could not believe that her mother was like that. In her heart she loved her mother but her mother actions made her feel like she can never forgive her mother for being with another man right after her father has just passed away. She thought to herself that her father had never did anything wrong to her mother so why did her mother move on with another man. The thought just made her even angrier so she stops thinking about it. "That is it since my mother did move on with her life. I think it is best if I move on now too. If I stay here I will see that man with my mother again. If I leave then my love for my mother will not change. Even though my thoughts about my mother did change but at least my love for her is not that damage yet," Ivy thought to herself as tears ran down her face. "I just need to forget and move on with my life the way my mother had. My father would want me to do that. If I stay here I will hate my mother even more," thought Ivy as she put her suitcase into her car. She planned on going to Washington D.C. instead of listening to her mother. If she did listen to her mother and stay there then later on she will hurt her mother and herself. She rather let her mother be sad and sooner or later her mother will be ok. She did not want to risk staying here then later on hurt her mother and herself to a point where the both of them will never want to see the other person. She cannot let herself make that damage on her mother. She just has to forget what she saw yesterday and move on. She left the house with only a note in her mother's room telling her mother that she was leaving and she will not come back. She head toward the highway toward Washington D.C. where her god aunt is waiting to greet her.

Total: 493 words

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paulette? I hope I spelled your name correctly. I like reading your posts. And they all have a moral lesson at the end. Keep on with the good work.

    ReplyDelete