Monday, November 16, 2009

A Crazy Story

This is true.

Just the other day my uncle came up to my house to tell my mother and I about how his beloved wife turn her back on him after all he has done for her. He has helped her to come over here to America from Vietnam and also her parents. He was doing paper works for her twin brothers to come over here when the whole thing begins to fall apart. It all started when he did his paper work for her to come over here to America. She came over by herself with my uncle since they are married. At first everything was fine. He loved her very deeply. She seems to be a very nice person to everyone in the family from my grandparents to my uncles and to me and my siblings. My uncle paid for her to study to get her nail license. He also helped her get her citizenship. After her citizenship, my uncle helped her fill out paper to bring her parents over here to America. After about a few months after the paper was done, which was about eight years since their marriage, my aunt finally gave birth to their first born daughter. My uncle was very please. He is around thirty years old and now he finally has his first child. Right after the child was born, my aunt's mother made my aunt tell my uncle to sleep by himself. And she goes sleep with the baby and her mother. They did not allow my uncle to see my aunt or his own child. My uncle did not give that much attention even though he wanted to be around his own child and wife. He even looked for a job for my aunt's father. My uncle drives my aunt's father from home to work and back again. If one day my uncle is late when he gets home both his wife and her mother yelled at him asking why was he late and let my aunt's father took the bus home. My uncle just told them that he was running late because he has too much costumers to leave and pick up my aunt's father. Plus, he is in America now he should know how to use the transportation just in case there is a day like that time where my uncle cannot pick him up. About three days after the argument my uncle came home and found everything that belongs to the baby, my aunt, and her parents was gone. No one was in the house. He called my aunt's cell over and over again but she did not answer. About two or three weeks later, my aunt called my uncle and told him that a police has pulled her over on the highway going to Texas because her license plate was out of date. She told him to come and get her, her parents, and their baby. After that incident in the house it was very quiet. My aunt and her parents act like as though my uncle does not exist. They eat together as a family and ignore him. He has to sleep alone in his room which use to be both his and my aunt's. Where ever they go they did not tell or ask my uncle to come with them. About a few weeks later, my uncle has a day off and he was sitting in the couch in the front room, when my aunt's parents and my aunt gather their things and started to put into the car. My uncle was surprised. He asked them what was going on, but they did not answer him. They acted as though he is just part of the wall. They took everything that belongs to them and the baby and they took off again. My uncle was heartbroken. Then a few weeks later after my uncle called my aunt several times she finally answer and told him why she left. She said that the reason why was because he did not respect her parents. He then asked her did her parents respect him. He was the one who helped them to come over here and was the one who own the house. He brought the cars that they took off with. He was the one who run here and there to help them get their driver license and nail license, and yet, they did not show him any respect. He cannot say a word in his own house. He cannot sleep or talk with my own wife and child. My grandfather's picture was removed from where it was given respect because my grandfather has passed away and he cannot say a word about it. In Vietnam to pay respect to the dead, the family has to put the picture of the dead person on a shelf and pray to the dead to keep them rest in peace. It was not allowed to be move unless the family is moving to another house or place. If the picture is to be remove a priest or a qualified monk was suppose to be asked to come and do the service to move the picture in respect of the dead. Yet, my aunt's mother just took it off the shelf without a word. After my uncle told my grandmother, who has moved back to Vietnam since my grandfather was buried over there, about what my aunt's mother did, and my grandmother had a talk with my aunt's mother, my aunt mother said that she will pick a day to put the picture back up. That means that is more disrespectful to the dead to make them wait more days without paying them any respect. My aunt's parents are the age of my grandmother's second child. So according to the respect the elders rule in Vietnam, my aunt's parents has to be respectful. My aunt was only the age of my second aunt's daughter. Still my aunt's mother disrespected my grandmother. My aunt is only about twenty five and my grandmother is about eighty-nine going on ninety years old. My aunt is only old enough to be my grandmother's grandchild and she told my uncle that my grandmother has to show respect and apologize to her mother, when her mother is the one at fault. Her mother did not show any respect to my dead grandfather and talked to my grandmother as an equal, which is a very disrespectful way to talk to someone who is old enough to be your mother or worst grandma. My aunt's mother is about in her mid forty and that is the age of my grandmother's oldest daughter's first son. My grandmother talked politely to both my aunt and her mother and yet my aunt said that my grandmother did not show any respect to her mother. My aunt even told my uncle if my grandmother does not show respect and apologize to her mother then they will have a divorce and he would have to pay child support. Who is at fault in this situation? I do not get why someone nice as my uncle and grandmother has to have this happen to them. How can there be a person like my aunt who backstab the person who loved her so much that let her do whatever she wants. He even gives her his whole pay check. He did not live the way Vietnamese people should live where the husband is in control the wife supposes to be respectful, polite, and nice to the husband and the husband's family. The reason why was because the wife is married into the family and the whole wedding from the dress to the place the wedding toke place to the ring on both people hand was paid by the groom's family. Pretty much all the bride has to do was to show up and say yes. The bride was brought by the groom's family. My uncle left all that tradition behind and let my aunt have her freedom and become his equal and yet, she is not happy with that. She went and stabs him in the back. Who is really at fault and can there be a way where my uncle can have his baby back since he did not do anything wrong? Does he really have to pay child support? Does he have to be separated from his first and only child that he had waited for so long? L T_T

Total words: 1,412

No comments:

Post a Comment