Monday, November 9, 2009

Very Confuse

I witness a very harsh beating from the parents to a 10 year old child. I have no idea what I should do. The child is someone close to me and so are the parents. The beating was very harsh but not to the point where the child has bruises or cuts. The child just has some places that are swollen like his leg and his behind. He was limping after the beating. I witness it but I cannot jump in to say anything for the child. It was very harsh. The parents beat the child with a belt, a metal stick, and a broom. After the beating I found out that the only reason why the child was getting a beating was because his parents told him to go to the mall with them but he did not want to go. He wants to stay at home with an older sibling who is an adult instead of going to the mall. Just for that reason he receives a beat down. What should I do about this situation? If I report it then the parents might get into trouble but if I do not then it might happen again, because one time one of the parents put the same child head under the water while the child was crying. Lucky at the end the parent let go and allow the child to pull his head out of the water to breath. If the child was not allow to breath then the child would have die already. I am so confuse on what should I do? Which one is the right way to solve this problem?

Total words: 275

1 comment:

  1. Yes. You should report it. If the parents need help learning how to deal with/discipline their children, you'd be helping them. But most importantly, the child is, must be, your main concern. Cut and paste the following link and watch the slide show. Or just call: 877.542.2873. It's anonymous.

    https://www.sworps.utk.edu/child_abuse_reporting/start.html

    ReplyDelete